This BASICS course is to introduce the concepts and language used in financial crime risk management and compliance. It will take you about 25 minutes to complete plus five minutes for the test after which, if you achieve the pass rate of 80%, you will be able to save and/print a certificate.
Applicable country/jurisdiction: Global - this course relates to general principles not the law and regulation in any particular country or jurisdiction.
Pass mark: 80%
Access to course: unlimited for six months; auto-termination at six months.
Return to previous pages: Yes
Retake test: Yes.
Certificate validity: one year from the date of the last-taken test
Certificate is verifiable via a web-link and is registered on a blockchain to minimise the risk of tampering.
CPD hours (where recognised): 30 minutes
Price: GBP30 including UK VAT where applicable.
You must sign in to purchase this course.
1. Defining financial crime
2. The principle financial crimes
4. Bribery, corruption, plunder
5. Tax crimes
6. Trafficking in people, drugs and contraband
7. Breaking sanctions
8. Extortion, blackmail and kidnapping
9. Defining money
10. Money laundering
11. The Financing of Terrorism
12. The purposes and effect of law and regulation relating to those crimes
13 Origins of law and regulation
14. Near-global co-ordination of laws and regulations
15. Failure of co-ordination
16. Who is affected by laws?
17. Who is affected by Regulations?
18. Suspicion-based reporting
19. Cash / Currency Transaction Reporting
20. Tipping off
22. Summary : Financial Crime Basics - non-jurisdictional